Activated Charcoal Organic Konjac Sponge
Recommended for: Oily Skin
The activated charcoal face sponge is made by kneading Binchotan, an ancient Japanese high-grade charcoal, into a konjac puff. Binchotan comes from the Japanese Holm oak, which grows on the forested hills of the Kii peninsula. This kind of hardwood charcoal has been cultivated and used in Japan for nearly 500 years. Charcoal powder cleans pores and removes excess oil to keep your skin clean.
Ingredients: Konjac mannan, Bincho charcoal powder, Calcium hydroxide.
A Japanese Skin Care Secret: Konjac
Konjac is a potato-like plant and is a traditional food, unique to Japan.The konjac fibers are filled with minerals and antioxidants that cleanse and gently exfoliate the skin. These sponges can be used with or without soap to remove dead skin cells while not irritating the skin.
Konjac has unparalleled water retention, moisturizing power, and elasticity. When filled with water, a konjac sponge develops an outer film of water. When used to gently wash your face, the soft 100% natural fibers and water will gently remove dirt without damaging the surface of your skin. This makes it an essential element in skincare – a Japanese skin care staple for hundreds of years.
Only 1% of all Konjac plants in the world are certified organic. New Harmony Soap Company is thrilled to partner directly with the grower – Yamamoto Organic Konjac Farm in Gunma Prefecture in Japan – to bring our customers the highest quality, certified organic konjac sponges in the world. Yamamoto Farms are near the Japanese Alps, where their plants are fed by water from natural snow melt.
- Soak — Soak it in warm water for 3 minutes to expand it to full size.
- Clean — Wet your face, apply our Green Clay face soap onto your face, then begin moving the sponge in a circular motion and massage your face.
- Massage — Start in the center of your face and work your way out and up.
- Rinse – Rinse your face and enjoy your toned and brighter complexion!
- Drain and Dry — When finished, drain it by clasping the sponge between your hands and dry it by hanging in a well-ventilated place.
- Use — You can use it every day!
- Replace — Replace your konjac sponge every 4-6 weeks.